Introduction: The Korean Ministry of Knowledge Economy (MKE) announced on August 25, 2008 that the National Standards Committee will implement a new national unified certification mark from July 2009 to December 2010 named KC Mark, representing Korea Certification. . The electrical appliance safety certification system (KC certification) is a compulsory and voluntary safety certification system that is based on the Electrical Appliance Safety Management Act. It is a safety certification manufacturing/sales system.
To apply for safety certification targets: All the producers of electrical products, assembly, and processing at home and abroad.
Safety certification system and method:
Application for product model certification, divided into basic models and derived models.
In order to distinguish the design of models and electrical appliances, products with different functions are given their own product names.
Lithium battery KC certified product range
1. Lithium secondary batteries used in portable devices (removable devices);
2. The batteries sold as batteries are not covered by the battery cores.
3. Excluding electrical energy storage devices and uninterruptible power supplies for batteries with power above 500 Wh;
4. The battery with a volumetric energy density ratio of less than 400 Wh/L was included in the certification range from April 1, 2016.
Lithium battery series model division
Under the premise of meeting certain conditions, lithium batteries can be applied in series (multiple models), and only one basic model in the series can be tested. The series is divided as follows:
1. Types of batteries: lithium ion batteries, lithium polymer batteries
2. The shape of the cell: a. Cylindrical, b. Diamond
3. The main material of the battery core: a. positive electrode, b. negative electrode
4. The shape of the battery core: a. soft bag, b. hard shell
5. Cell capacity division: a. Cylindrical - ≤2400mAh; >2400mAh b. Diamond/lithium polymer ≤1500 mAh; ≤3000 mAh; ≤5000 mAh; >5000mAh
6. Upline charging voltage: ≤4.25V; >4.25V
7. Serial and parallel mode: a. No string, parallel connection b. No serial connection (battery protection IC is the same as another battery)
8. The same protection device and specification requirements, FUSE, PTC, IC and so on.